Are you an organized, efficient person with a passion to learn new things and expand your horizons? Having gained one or two years of hands-on bookkeeping experience, you are confident yet open to learn and grow.
Welcome to wintranslation – an Ottawa based translation company that has an immediate opening for an executive assistant. This individual will be working under the supervision and oversight of our corporate controller to perform a variety of bookkeeping and administrative tasks.
We are centrally located at Billings Bridge and have a young, talented workforce that loves learning, expanding our horizons and developing ourselves to full potential in whatever areas of our focus. Wear your jeans to work, pet our office puppy Toby, grow your knowledge under our CPA on accounting and finance, laugh with like minded colleagues.
The responsibilities of the executive assistant are as follows:
- Enter bills into workflow management system (XTRF)
- Import invoices and bill from XTRF to QuickBooks Online
- Pay suppliers based in different parts of the world through a variety of payment methods such as bank transfer, wire, PayPal and checks. Payments are in US and Canadian dollars.
- Budget monthly payments and monitoring cash flow
- Exchange funds between different currencies to balance payment requirements
- Respond supplier enquiries regarding payment status
- Mark payments as paid in XTRF hosted in the cloud
- Manage and collect receivables and report on metrics such as number of days aging
- Reconcile company credit cards
- File WSIB and sales tax
- Pay corporate tax installments
- Manage employee benefit program including filing for reimbursements
- Make deposits
- Order office supplies
- Accounting support for grant applications
- Download all accounting and finance related statements and organize them in digital filing cabinets
- Make travel arrangements for co-workers
- Backup data and document all accounting related processes
Hours: part time 15 hours per week contract with full time potential
Pay: $15 per hour
Please send your resume to Sylvie Shen (sshen[at]wintranslation[.]com) with subject Application for EA and we would love to talk to you!