Japanese is the national language of Japan and has around 125 million speakers. There is only sparse information available about the early roots of the language, but distinct eras from Old Japanese to the modern language are clearly defined. Even though Japan is a small country, many different dialects of the language exist to this day.
The older versions of the language were influenced by Chinese whereas the more recent and modern versions have taken loan words from European languages and English.
English to Japanese and Japanese to English Translation Services
Professional translators whose native language is Japanese perform our English to Japanese translation, and vice versa for Japanese to English translation. Our experienced translators have an in-depth understanding of the Japanese language including its spelling, grammar, and cultural appropriateness.
Past Japanese Project Summaries
- Translation into Japanese of web content and informational brochures for an Ontario Government investment campaign managed by Rogers RCI
- English to Japanese translation of informational packages for Scotiabank intended to help landed immigrants, foreign workers and international students with banking in Canada
Summary of Qualifications for wintranslation's Japanese Translators
- Graduate of Yokohama City University, Yokohama, Japan, with a B.S. in mathematics, with special emphasis on computer technology and topology
- More than twenty years of experience in translating technical documentation especially in computer technology, banking and topology for companies such as Fujitsu and Bank of New Zealand
- Worked for ten years as Head Translator and Chief Quality Controller for a reputable translation firm in Yokohama, Japan
- Earned a masters degree in mass communication from the Boston University College of Communication, Boston, MA
- Over twenty years of experience with translation and editing of software user interfaces, user manuals, help files and marketing materials
- Possesses an in-depth understanding of the differences in culture, languages and business practices between the U.S. and Japanese markets
- A double major graduate in physics and astronomy from the University of Arizona
- Regularly performs translations of news articles and software localization
- Deep knowledge of the Internet and computer networking
An award-winning translation service provider based in North America, wintranslation has a fifteen year track record in managing complex multimedia and large-scale projects on time and on budget. With clients such as Scotiabank, the Government of Canada and the UN, wintranslation is a trusted language service partner. Only working with highly qualified translators with subject area expertise, wintranslation employs a multi-step quality control process which includes a peer review evaluation to ensure the highest level of service quality. Our terminology and translation memory management service helps our clients centralize their linguistic assets.
WE WOULD LOVE TO HELP WITH YOUR NEXT JAPANESE PROJECT
GET A FREE QUOTE NOW
Chinese Translation Services
Our Chinese translators have been working in the profession for over 20 years. They all have a minimum bachelor’s degree…
Korean Translation Services
Korean is the official language in both North Korea and South Korea and has approximately 78 million speakers living worldwide.…
Thai Translation Services
Thai (also known as Siamese) is the official language of Thailand which is spoken by approximately 60 million people. Most…