Everything you need to know about localization and taking your business global. Through our free White Papers you will gain all the information you need to take your company to the next level and successfully enter international markets. These White Papers examine the steps involved in localization and how this process will revolutionize your business; the importance of culture to your localization projects; markets you may want to consider entering based on the top 10 languages used on the Internet today; best practices for making your localization project as simple and cost-effective as possible; and general tips and information for businesses desiring to successfully take their company, product, or service into international markets.
Going Global: How to Succeed in International Markets
Summary: This White Paper will assist business owners, managers, and marketing executives in companies contemplating a move into international markets. The information, suggestions, and tips provided are invaluable for businesses planning on selling their product or service globally. After reading this White Paper, you will be able to confidently and competently discuss the following important components of “going global” and be able to apply them to your unique business needs:
- Effective market research
- Preparing export, financial, and international marketing plans
- Importance of hiring a professional translator.
- How to develop a global mindset
- Effective advertising and international marketing strategies
- Brand consistency
- Increasing web traffic and visibility
Click here to download Going Global: How to Succeed in International Markets (PDF file, 545 KB).
Culture and Why it Matters to Your Business
Summary: This White Paper examines the importance of culture to your business and how understanding and appreciating culture can impact whether or not your company is successful in selling your products or services in foreign markets. Importantly, this White Paper will help readers understand:
- The definition and significance of culture.
- The many ways culture is important in successful localization.
- How culture affects: 1) Business relationships with overseas clients, customers, employees, and partners; 2) Website localization and web content; and 3) Public relations, marketing, and advertising strategies.
- Serious consequences of failing to consider culture.
Potentially Lucrative Global Markets Based on the Top 10 Languages on the Internet
Summary: This White Paper discusses the top 10 languages on the Internet today (based on Internet population and purchasing power), provides helpful tips for doing business in these markets, and examines the culture and basic business etiquette in countries where these languages are dominant – factors that are often critical to overseas business success:
- Important values and personal characteristics
- Conversations (Suggested Topics and Topics to Avoid)
- Behaviour and Expectations
- Communication; Greetings; Business Dress/Appearance; Gift-Giving; Dining Etiquette; and Behaviours to Avoid
- Business Structure, Etiquette, and Relationships
- Business Meetings and Negotiations; Decision-Making and Hierarchy; Preferred Managerial Qualities; and Business Cards
Click here to download “Potentially Lucrative Global Markets Based on the Top 10 Languages on the Internet”, PDF, 479 KB
Localizing your Business: A User’s Guide
Summary: This White Paper will assist executives, managers, web developers and writers to better understand the steps involved in localization and how this process can provide great dividends for any company contemplating a move into foreign markets. After reading this White Paper, you will be able to confidently and competently discuss the following important elements of localization and be able to apply them to your unique business needs:
- Practical definition of localization.
- The steps involved in the localization process.
- Examples of localization gone wrong, as well as tips so you avoid the same mistakes.
- The reasons localization is so important.
- The many benefits your company can expect if you localize your websites, documents, and marketing materials using a highly-qualified translation service provider.
Download This White Paper PDF file, 474 KB
Maximizing Visibility for Multilingual Web
- The strategic importance of promoting your international web sites in foreign languages
- How your translators can undo all of your search engine marketing work and how NOT to let that happen
- How to research what your international customers search for on the internet
- How language and country/region filters affect your international web sites’ presence in global search engines
- How to develop an effective workflow between your marketing and translation team