This presentation was given by one of wintranslation’s interns, Jean-René Lavallée and details the basics of how to recruit Aboriginal Language translators. Here are some of the topics the presentation covers: – Aboriginal Language Families (Eskimo-Aleut, Athabascan, Algonquin, Siouan, Iroquoian, Kutenai, Salish, Wakashan & Tsimshian) & Dialects (Cree, Ojibway, Dene, Dogrib, Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun, & Mohawk) […]read more
This presentation was delivered as part of the University of Ottawa’s Translation Students’ Association’s 2013 Translation Weeks.
• Part 1 Define Your Success
• Part 2 What Being a Translator is All About
• Part 3 Reaching Out to Find Opportunities
• Part 4 Using Linkedin to Reach Valuable Contacts
• Part 5 Finding Translation Contracts