This presentation was given by one of wintranslation’s interns, Jean-René Lavallée and details the basics of how to recruit Aboriginal Language translators.
Here are some of the topics the presentation covers:
– Aboriginal Language Families (Eskimo-Aleut, Athabascan, Algonquin, Siouan, Iroquoian, Kutenai, Salish, Wakashan & Tsimshian) & Dialects (Cree, Ojibway, Dene, Dogrib, Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun, & Mohawk)
– What NOT to expect when recruiting Aboriginal Language translators
– What you will find when recruiting Aboriginal Languages translators
– Where to start looking for Aboriginal translators
– How to make contact and communicate with your translator
– And other helpful tips