Need An English to Mi'kmaq Translation? We Can Help.
Mi’kmaq (alternatively spelled Micmac, Migmaw or Mikmaw) is an aboriginal language spoken in eastern Canada; mainly in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, the Gaspe coast, and also the northeastern United States. Several English words are borrowed for the Mi’kmaq language, including “caribou” and “toboggan”.
I had a great experience working with WinTranslation. I called first to get an idea of what specific Indigenous dialect I would need translation into based on my program's region and they were very helpful. I received a quick response back on my request for a quote and prompt and polite service throughout the entire interaction. In addition, receipt of my e-mail was acknowledged in a timely manner even though my consultant was out of the office for the afternoon which helped to put my mind at ease.
Why Choose wintranslation for your document translation needs?
- Fully Insured By Lloyds Bank
- Multi-Step Quality Control
- We Only Use Vetted & Fluent Translators
- 19+ Years Providing Translation Services
Summary of Qualifications for wintranslation's Mi'kmaq Translators
- Over 15 years of experience developing and teaching in English and Mi’kmaq ciriculum, including materials from elementary to post-secondary levels
- Worked on many Mi’kmaq into English translation projects for the Canadian Government and the United Nations
- Holds two diplomas in education fields from University of Cape Breton in Sydney, Nova Scotia
- Has over 20 years experience in handling English into Mi’kmaq translation, including books and other publications
- Earned two University degrees in the education field from the University of New Brunswick and St Francis Xavier University
- Developed Mi’kmaq language course materials for the Eskasoni School Board
An award-winning translation service provider based in North America, wintranslation has a fifteen year track record in managing complex multimedia and large-scale projects on time and on budget. Our company specializes in the translation of Canada’s aboriginal languages including Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun, Malecite and Ojibwe. Please see our languages page for a full list of languages.
Only working with highly qualified translators with subject area expertise, wintranslation employs a multi-step quality control process which includes a peer review evaluation to ensure the highest level of service quality. Our terminology and translation memory management service helps our clients centralize their linguistic assets.
WE WOULD LOVE TO HELP WITH YOUR NEXT MI’KMAQ PROJECT
GET A FREE QUOTE NOW
Gitxsan (alternatively spelled Gitksan or Gitxsanimaax) is an Aboriginal language spoken by the Gitxsan First Nations tribe of northwestern British Columbia. It is part of…