Mi’kmaq (alternatively spelled Micmac, Migmaw or Mikmaw) is an aboriginal language spoken in eastern Canada; mainly in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, the Gaspe coast, and also the northeastern United States. Several English words are borrowed for the Mi’kmaq language, including “caribou” and “toboggan”.
English to Mi’kmaq and Mi’kmaq to English Translation Services
Professional translators whose native language is Mi’kmaq perform our English to Mi’kmaq translation and Mi’kmaq to English translation. Our experienced translators have an in-depth understanding of the Mi’kmaq language including its spelling, grammar, and cultural appropriateness.
Call us today at 1-877-742-7942 or fill out our quote request form for your next Mi’kmaq translation project.
Summary of Qualifications for wintranslation’s Mi’kmaq Translators
- Over 15 years of experience developing and teaching in English and Mi’kmaq ciriculum, including materials from elementary to post-secondary levels
- Worked on many Mi’kmaq into English translation projects for the Canadian Government and the United Nations
- Holds two diplomas in education fields from University of Cape Breton in Sydney, Nova Scotia
- Has over 20 years experience in handling English into Mi’kmaq translation, including books and other publications
- Earned two University degrees in the education field from the University of New Brunswick and St Francis Xavier University
- Developed Mi’kmaq language course materials for the Eskasoni School Board
An award-winning translation service provider based in North America, wintranslation has a fifteen year track record in managing complex multimedia and large-scale projects on time and on budget. Our company specializes in the translation of Canada’s aboriginal languages including Cree, Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun, Ojibwe. Please see our languages page for a full list of languages.
Only working with highly qualified translators with subject area expertise, wintranslation employs a multi-step quality control process which includes a peer review evaluation to ensure the highest level of service quality. Our terminology and translation memory management service helps our clients centralize their linguistic assets.