It is always fun to do a little bit of self reflection at the end of the year to see if we progressed or back pedled. The feedback helps us improve and decide whether we need to make an adjustment:
- In 2012, we initiated an internship program for the first time. We hosted one business major from Paris France through a Work-Abroad program, two translation students from the University of Ottawa’s translation department and one recent graduate of Sherbrook University’s translation program. The interns made notable contributions from translation, recruiting to marketing.
- All of our employees received Secret level security clearance from the Government of Canada
- We hired an in house translator for Quebec French dedicated to work for our clients for the first time
- We started providing terminology management service to our clients this year for the first time. We extract terms, build a term base and provide a monthly term addition review. Clients love it!
- We fully implemented the server version of memoQ, a translation memory tool to allow virtual and real time collaboration of translators in different geographic locations. Now our translator and revisor can be based in different cities and work on the same file hosted on a central server.
- We were the 2012 Finalist for Professional Service of the Year by Ottawa Chamber of Commerce.